Cyberbullying is the use of information technology (email, texting, Internet) to harm or harass other people in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner.
Here are a few suggestions to help you through this challenging time.
• Change your email address and only give it out to trusted people.
• Change account settings on social sites to private. This gives you control on who can post on your pages.
• If you are receiving large amounts of texts or voicemails, change your cell phone number.
• Do not to respond to a cyberbully with anger. It only fuels the attacks.
• Keep evidence of the cyber attacks. You might need it if the bullying turns from cyber to physical bullying.
• Remember, this is temporary and it will soon pass. And even though in your eyes, it seems like a lifetime, it’s not.
• Tell people you trust about your bullying. You don’t have to handle this alone.