In today’s world, our culture puts so much pressure on teen girls to look beautiful and thin and it’s causing them to starve. Are you obsessed to look a certain way? Are you consumed with your weight?
Here are a few things to help you realize that you are uniquely created by God and to help you avoid unhealthy choices.
- You are fearfully and wonderfully made! You are royalty – a daughter of the King of Kings!
- Trash the magazines! The majority of perfect bodies in magazines that you read have been air brushed and altered to look flawless. They are not real. Striving to imitate these images will only set you up for failure.
- Eat healthy and exercise. Identify between an unrealistic body image that is fed by the media and the image of a normal, healthy body.
- Focus on your beautiful qualities and stop comparing yourself to others.
- Try new styles, whether it’s clothes, makeup or hair. Teens who feel good usually avoid unhealthy choices.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14